Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tilling and cold season crops

Finally the snow is staying away (better be) and I was able to get out this weekend and till the garden. Yesterday I tilled all the beds except the herb bed and today I put the seeds in for the cold season crops.

In the carrot bed I planted:
- Burpeeana Early Pea (Burpee)
- Paris Island Romaine Lettuce (Lake Valley Seed) - last year's leftover seeds
- Little Finger Carrot (Lake Valley Seed) - last year's leftover seeds
- French Baby Carrot (Renee's Garden)
- Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi (Lake Valley Seed) - last year's leftover seeds

In the pepper bed I planted:
- the rest of last years Frosty Peas (Earl May)
- Italian Heirloom Kale (Renee's Garden)
- Rainbow Swiss Chard (Renee's Garden)

And some random plantings:
- In the tomato bed I put some Olympia Hybrid Spinach (Lake Valley Seed) - last year's leftover seeds
- In a planter I put a red and green salad lettuce mix (Lake Valley Seed) - last year's leftover seeds
- In the broccoli bed I put Early Wonder Beets (Earl May) - last year's leftover seeds

It's supposed to rain the next few days and be milder so it should be perfect seed starting weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment