Saturday, May 18, 2013

Busy planting week

Finally! The long range forecast was looking good and it is far later in May than I've ever planted so this week I planted everything.

Monday night I transplanted the majority of my seed trays and setup the garden soaker hoses. Good thing I gave them a good soaking that night cause we had a record breaking hot day on Tuesday.

Wednesday night I finished transplanting the basil which was the only thing left of the seed trays and I put in the following seeds:
- Zucchini
- burp-less cucumbers
- more spinach
- lots of tall trailing nasturtions
- and a few seeds of marigolds

Everything is looking wonderful although I need to pull weeds soon.

Now that it's decided to stop being winter we've switched straight to summer and have needed the air conditioning every day.

My asparagus have gone to fern in all this nonsense. Unfortunately when I was gone for the week in CA the asparagus grew too tall to cut so it doesn't look as though I'll get any this year. Hindsight being 20/20 as usual, I don't think the spot I planted the asparagus in was the best. At the time I did not have the tiller and now that I do, I think I'm disturbing the roots too much. It didn't come back as much this year so it may be just as well to leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment